Platform Waste Solutions has recognized the waste management industry’s responsibility to conserve and protect the environment. Internally, we aim to set the standard in our industry through a companywide sustainability and environmental protection plan that minimizes the stress we put on natural resources.
As part of our mission to be an environmental steward, we have implemented sustainable business practices at all of our office locations with the goal of continually improving the environment.
- Reduce waste and materials consumption.
- Improve office and administrative procedures.
- Improve shop procedures.
- Reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Create more efficient collection routes.
- Maintain collection vehicles.
- Install efficient lighting, heating, and cooling systems.
- Purchase more efficient computers, printers, and copiers.
- Educate staff on conservation procedures (e.g. turning out lights, keeping doors closed, etc.)
- Reduce water consumption and enhance water re-use.
- Improve recyclability and compostability of material collected.